Regional Boards of Advisors
BetterGrads’ Regional Boards of Advisors are comprised of community leaders, mentors, and mentees who have a deep stake in the success of their local schools and students.
Each Regional Board sets and agrees-upon its own expectations and standards. This can include setting its own goals, organizing locally-driven events with mentors, identifying key local leaders and organizations to partner with, nominating new members, applying for community-based grants, and securing the requisite funding, media coverage, and community participation to maintain and grow the BetterGrads programs and operations in the region.
We ask our Regional Boards to commit to:
- Hold an in-person meeting at least 4 times per year (once per quarter), with at least 50% + 1 members present
- Be comprised of at least three members at all time
- Be comprised of at least one mentor and one mentee from local BetterGrads Programs as members (if possible)
- Ask each member to commit to actively participate in the Regional Board for at least one year
- Affirm that each member believes in our vision and mission wholeheartedly
For more information on our Regional Boards or to start BetterGrads Programs in your community, please contact our Executive Director at kevin.adler [at] bettergrads [dot] org.
Current Regional Boards of Advisors:
- Tri-Valley (CA) Board of Advisors (seats available)